Friday, May 1, 2009

The Asheville Yacht Club 04/30/09

It's amazing it's taken me this long to mention the Yacht Club, seeing as I frequent the place. Maybe it's just because after a night at the Yacht Club, I seldom feel up to penning a review, but I digress. The Yacht Club is by far my favorite bar in town. It has this tiki/nautical theme going despite being 6 hours from the coast and nowhere even near a lake. I still dig it. It is a laid back atmosphere that makes for a pleasant place to meet friends after work, but be warned, around 11 PM when second shift gets out, the place can get a tad noisy.

They have some of the best beers on tap : Guinness, Wedge IPA, Blue Moon, Sierra Nevada, Magic Hat #9, French Broad Brewery's 13 Rebels, etc. They also have a great fruity rum drink called "The Pain Killer" which comes complete with a flaming sugar cube. Their Bloody Maria is extra spicy since they use Hoy Fong Sriracha instead of Tabasco, but it adds that extra zing to it.

I have also had to eat there to sober up many a time, and their food is great, too. Their tater tots are the best in town. I've also tried fish tacos there and enjoyed them.

***** five asterisks

Asheville Yacht Club
87 Patton Ave, Asheville, NC - (828) 255-8454

No comments:

Post a Comment